Statement of Principles
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- The Judeo-Christian tradition is the foundation to Canadian society and
the basis of the rule of law; therefore no one stands above the law and
the law applies equally to all.
- Human beings have an inalienable right to
life and the first duty of government is to protect that right from conception
to natural death.
- Marriage of a man and a woman is God ordained for mutual
support, nurturing of children and the overall well being of society.
have primary responsibility for the raising and educating of their children.
should not unduly interfere with the parents' efforts in carrying out
- Strong, vital and independent voluntary institutions
such as families, churches and schools are essential to the maintenance
of a free and democratic society.
- Citizens should participate in community
life and the political process.
- All Canadians should help their fellow citizens,
especially those who cannot care for themselves.
- Freedom of religion and freedom
of expression are essential in a democratic society.